Georgia Contractors Insurance
Foster & Witmer Insurance Agency specializes in providing contractors General Liability insurance, Worker's Compensation and other coverages vital to contractors including builders risk insurance, commercial auto coverage, and insurance for tools and equipment. Georgia Contractors Insurance can be very confusing at times, so we are here to assist you through the process of selecting the right coverage from the right company at an affordable price. We have many years of experience with Contrators Insurance to evaluate your risk and solve the coverage needs of your business.
Contractors Insurance Coverages in Georgia
- General Liability Insurance - This liability insurance will protect you from most claims that would arise from the day to day activities. This includes the activity of running a business and the type of accidents that would occur at a job site.
- Excess Liability Insurance - This provides limits of liability that exceed the underlying liability policy. It is no broader concerning the incidents covered by the primary insurance, meaning it will not expand the stated coverage but will provide higher limits on top of the original policy.
- Tools and Equipment - Hand tools are normally covered on a blanket basis with no list or schedule. Equipment Insurance or Inland Marine coverage will protect your larger tools and equipment such as welders, generators, nail guns and other expensive portable equipment.
- Workers' Compensation - Contractors are responsible for providing this coverage for employees but may also have the exposure because of subcontractors who have not provided workers' compensation insurance for their employees. This exposure can be avoided by insisting that subcontractors carry appropriate workers' compensation insurance
- Builders Risk - C.O.C (Course of Construction) - Physical damage insurance for property under construction. Lenders will require it before issuing construction financing. They will usually require this coverage before funding remodeling projects as well and some policies can be endorsed to include the structure being remodeled also.
- Business Auto Insurance - Personal auto policies exclude autos used for Commercial and Business purposes and would therefore require coverage on a policy designed for such use. If you use your automobile in business, be sure you have the right policy and coverage is not excluded.
- Dishonesty Bond - An Employee Dishonesty Bond is a type of Fidelity Bond that protects your business from dishonest acts by your employees. This includes protection against fraud, embezzlement, forging checks, stealing money or merchandise, and so forth.
At Foster & Witmer Insurance Agency, we have the contractors specialists to understand your risks and develop insurance solutions to fit your industries needs. So, contact us to find out more about contractors insurance in Duluth, Georgia including the Alpharetta, Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Marietta, and Suwanee areas.